Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bar Exam: Does yours pass?

Many of us find ourselves munching on energy bars or handing them off to our kids, or just being overwhelmed as we try to decide which ones to buy at the grocery store. Be careful, because in my opinion, many bars are just glorified candy bars!

How do you know which ones to buy? I found this helpful bit of info in August 2010 Prevention Magazine and was thrilled to see the bar I enjoy the most on the list!
Choose a bar that has less than 100 mg of sodium, minimal added sugars, and an ingredient list consisting mainly of fruits, nuts, and whole grains. The top 5 winners as per Prevention Magazine are:

ProBar Fruition Strawberry
Bear Naked Grain-ola Tropical Fruit
Clif C Apple
Kind Fruit & Nut Delight
Larabar Banana Bread (I personally LOVE Lara Bars and carry them in my car)

Write them down, give them a try, read the labels---tell me if you've tried any and what you think!

This is a Raffle Ticket Post! Tell me about it and earn a ticket!!